Mathematical modeling is at the core of Mutch Associates’ services.
Environmental Site Services
Unraveling site complexities through investigation and study.
We provide expert analysis and testimony.
Our extensive knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry is the key to understanding the behavior of complex and emerging contaminants in the environment.
Water Supply & Sustainability
Clean groundwater is a resource that can no longer be taken for granted.
Helping to advance our current understanding of chemical fate in the environment.
Latest Presentations and Publications
Past and Upcoming Conference Presentations
Battelle 2022 Chlorinated Conference (May 22-26, 2022 | Palm Springs, California) – Mutch Associates personnel are in bold
- In Silico Prediction of Fate and Risk-Determining Properties of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS). T.L. Torralba-Sanchez, O. Dmitrenko, D.M. Di Toro, and P.G. Tratnyek. Tifany Torralba-Sanchez (Mutch Associates, LLC/USA)
- Degradation of Insensitive Munitions Constituents in the Environment: Predicting the Products and Their Properties
Using In Silico Methods. T.L. Torralba-Sanchez, E.J. Bylaska, and P.G. Tratnyek. Tifany Torralba-Sanchez (Mutch Associates, LLC/USA)
- Multiple, Short-Term, Cross-Hole Aquifer Tests to Three-Dimensionally Map Hydraulic Conductivity in
Metamorphic Rocks. R.D. Mutch, K.J. Rader, C.J. Fanelli, and E. Meeks. Robert Mutch (Mutch Associates, LLC/USA)
- Modeling the Reduction Rates of Munitions Constituents in the Subsurface. K.P. Hickey, D.M. Di Toro, P.C. Chiu, and R.F. Carbonaro. Kevin P. Hickey (University of Delaware/USA)
- Predicting Abiotic Reduction Rates of Munitions Compounds in Soils. J. Murillo-Gelvez, P.A. Cárdenas, J.C. Rincón, D.M. Di Toro, P.C. Chiu, and R.F. Carbonaro. Jimmy Murillo Gelvez (University of Delaware/USA)
Murillo Gelvez, J.; Di Toro, D.M.; Allen, H.A.; Carbonaro, R.F.; Chiu, P. “Reductive Transformation of 3-Nitro-1,2,4-triazol-5-one (NTO) by Leonardite Humic Acid and AQDS.” Environmental Science & Technology. 2021, 55, 19, 12973–12983.
Cárdenas-Hernández, P.; Anderson, K.; Murillo Gelvez, J.; Di Toro, D.M.; Allen, H.A.; Carbonaro, R.F.; Chiu, P. “Reduction of 3-nitro-1,2,4-triazol-5-one (NTO) by the hematite aqueous Fe(II) redox couple.”Environmental Science & Technology 2020, 54, 12191-12201. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.0c03872