Environmental Site Services
Unraveling site complexities . . .
Mutch Associates has many years of experience with planning and executing environmental field studies. Beginning in the early 1970s, the staff of Mutch Associates conducted some of the first in-depth hydrogeologic studies of pre-Superfund, hazardous waste disposal sites, and later applied that experience to Superfund and other waste disposal and industrial plant sites across the country and many parts of the world.
- Site investigation (design and implementation of environmental sampling studies,
- Well design, drilling and installation oversight,
- Hydrogeologic support services (aquifer testing, slug testing, water level surveys),
- Advanced aquifer testing (transducer deployment, packer tests, tracer tests, cross-hole tests to determine anisotropy in fractured and porous media),
- Surface water and sediments sampling/analysis,
- Conceptual Site Model Development and 3-D visualization, and
- Groundwater/surface water monitoring programs (sampling/analysis, data management, quarterly/annual reporting.
- Analysis of remedial alternatives,
- Numerical modeling of remedial alternatives,
- Remedial design investigations,
- Treatability studies,
- Conceptual remedial design for soil and groundwater including in situ chemical oxidation/reductions, hydraulic containment, permeable reactive barriers (PRBs), capping systems and air sparging/soil vapor extraction systems,
- Design of in-situ treatment systems,
- Implementation of Pilot tests,
- Peer Review of existing or proposed remedies, and
- Strategic Technical Advice for site portfolio management and remediation.
Contaminated Sites Litigation Support:
- Peer review and expert testimony
- Cost Allocation
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Environmental forensics services
- Natural Resource Damage (NRD) support